Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
· Balance is often compromised during pregnancy due to the changes hormonally and physically occurring.
· Tree Pose opens hips and assists in improving balance.
· Improves concentration, focus and patience.
Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II)
· Helps opens hips while stretching the legs.
· May prevent tearing or need for and episiotomy during birth.
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
· Lengthens inner thigh muscles, open hips joints and pelvic basin.
· Assists in reduction of pain during delivery.
· Relieves tension and stress.
· Increases circulation to genital area.
Valprit Karani Mudra (Legs Up Wall) – with bolster support under hips
· Helps relieve swelling/edema in the legs.
· Abdominal organs are nourished and revitalized.
· Nervous system is calmed.
Seated Side Bends
· Lengthen muscles between ribs and pelvis including stretching of the obliques. Tight obliques during pregnancy is one of the causes of Diastasis Recti which occurs in the third trimester or postpartum.
· Improves expansiveness of lungs.
· Increases energy through-out the entire body.
Copyright ©2021 Kelsey Wilson Yoga and Fitness, All Rights Reserved